Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Painting and Game

In the last few days, I've completed my 200th painted Warmachine and Hordes model.  I ended up finishing my Knights Exemplar unit of 4 that weren't done and got them dipped and sprayed.  I'll be basing them tonight and getting some photos taken.  I'm very happy with how the army is looking and I'm really excited to see the Grand Exemplar Kreoss theme force completed, cause it'll look awesome (think of a ton of Knights running around in armor, that the general idea!)  Speaking of Kreoss, that model and Reznik's model both took a dip last night to make those models pop more.  I'm terrible at shading, and this Army Painter dipping product is saving my life, making my models look better than ever.

On my goal for the week, I'm behind already.  The 2 Vassals of Menoth and the Vassal Mechanik are primed.  I'm probably going to prime the other Mechanik while I'm at it, and just finish the four models.  I have a painting night today and Friday (hanging out with my friend Rin, we get some hobby stuff done together, her knitting and me painting).  Saturday I have some time as well, so we'll see how that goes.

On the game front, I got another game in with Pook.  This time, I was practicing my Feora, Protector of the Flame warjack list and his Hexeris "kill lots of troops" list.  It didn't work out the best for him because of my high armor, but he put up a very good fight.  I have a habit of leaving Feora too close to enemy models and she is routinely put close to death as I got Hexeris to Feora's face due to Beat Back.  I'll learn eventually.  I'm 1-2 with her so far.
  • Feora, Protector of the Flame
    • Templar (bonded)
    • Vanquisher x2
  • Avatar of Menoth
  • Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts)
  • Exemplar Bastions (Leader and 4 Grunts)
  • Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
  • The Covenant of Menoth
  • Vassal of Menoth x2
  • Vassal Mechanik x2
  • Wracks (3)

  • Lord Tyrant Hexeris
    • Bronzeback Titan
    • Cyclops Shaman
    • Razor Worm
    • Titan Gladiator
    • Aptimus Marketh
  • Agonizer
  • Cataphract Arcuarii (Leader and 5 Grunts)
  • Nihilators (Leader and 9 Grunts) 
  • Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) 
  • Tyrant Rhadeim
The big highlight of the game that made it easier for me to win was getting Blind on both the Titan Gladiator and the Bronzeback Titan on the same turn due to a lucky deviation.  It shut down his list pretty hard then.

No comments:

Post a Comment