Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Painted Rotterhorn Griffon

These are the prebased pictures of the Rotterhorn Griffon that Katie from Crippled System ( commissioned me to paint. She gave me a picture of a black eagle to try to replicate and I think it came out rather well.

This is the second of two models I've painted that follow a real life image of an animal. I've found that during the first hour of painting, the model looks awful. It is really hard to get past that stage when the doubt is largest that the model won't turn out. Once the base painting is done and the details are being worked on is when I feel the model really comes together. I'm very happy with this model except for the mold lines that I missed while cleaning it. It is more annoying because I spent quite a bit of time looking for them and still missed them. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment