Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Battle Report: Cryx vs Skorne

I ended up playing Warwitch Deneghra vs Void Seer Mordikaar at 50 points last night. The main consensus I can get from the game is that my opponent can't roll dice and that Warwitch Deneghra's feat is just cruel when it hits the entire army. I ended up getting Nightmare on Mordikaar under Mordikaar's feat turn, still did some damage, but couldn't kill him. Deneghra's feat prevented any retaliation from anything in his army. He placed his warbeasts too far apart and on the flanks while my army just moved in on the weak side of his army. Gorman di Wulfe died to protect Nightmare from a possible charge from a Bronzeback. I'm not sure if the Bronzeback could have still made it with Beat-Back and Rush (not in that order). We played Revelation and my army pretty much swarmed Flag #1 to keep my opponent from scoring. I ended up winning because I scored one point and had a free turn of attacking Mordikaar with Nightmare with Mordikaar not having any fury.

Warwitch Deneghra
* Deathripper
* Defiler
* Nightmare
* Nightwretch
* Skarlock Thrall
Bane Lord Tartarus
Bane Thralls (10)
* Bane Thrall Officer & Standard
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Pistol Wraith
Pistol Wraith
Warwitch Siren
Withershadow Combine

Void Seer Mordikaar
* Basilisk Krea
* Bronzeback Titan
* Cyclops Brute
* Titan Gladiator
Extoller Soulward
Nihilators (6)
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
Paingiver Beast Handlers (4)
Praetorian Swordsmen (10)
* Praetorian Swordsmen Officer & Standard
Tyrant Rhadeim
Void Spirit
Void Spirit

I really like the Deneghra list and look forward to more games with it. I need to make Gorman di Wulfe not be a sacrificial piece, however.

1 comment:

  1. Di Wulfe is frequently a one-shot wonder; he'll Black Oil or Rust a key target but he'll be so close to the enemy by then that killing him becomes a formality. The trick, I think, is not to run him alone; he's usually following up my infantry to debuff something they're about to attack or avoid.

    ReplyDelete